Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Birth Pool Upstairs??

Mary Fisher wrote:
wrote in message

... Obviously the hospital stuff is
crucial when things go wrong and we're lucky to have all that too -
wouldn't want to be without it.

Two of our grandchildren were born very quickly at home after
daughter in law had been booked into hospital - she had very quick
and easy births. One was during a violent snow storm when the
ambulance couldn't get to her, the other was when she was already in
Stage 2 when the ambulance arrived.
On both occasions it was insisted that she went to hospital - after
the process was complete - and stay for a couple of hours.

Of course it was an unnecessary interruption of the first hours with
the babies and a waste of NHS money and services, we all thought, but
their records had to be straight, it seemed.

Simply the crew covering their backs Mary. Had anything gone wrong, however
unlikely, they would have been in big trouble. Management don't back up the
staff.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk