Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] samadams_2006@yahoo.ca is offline

Default Working with Galvanized Metal

Hello,

I'm working with some galvanized metal ( the stuff that you use to
take the smoke from a wood-burning fireplace out through the roof of a
house) that I'm bending into a box... about 16" x 4". It has the
right shape, but I want to make sure that it is waterproof as it is
going outside, and want to ensure that it will stand the test of time
in regards to moisture, heat, cold, etc. What is the best way to
ensure this? I've thought that maybe I should purchase a soldering
gun and put some solder on the joins...will this stand the test of
time? How about epoxy or liquid nails? How about using both solder
and some sort of adhesive?

Thanks