Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any good contractors?

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message

Why, when so many people here diss HD and Lowe's, do I see trucks with
"xyz builders" or "pqr electrical contractors" or "abc plumbing" in their
parking lots a large percentage of the times I go there?

One time I was in the electrical dept. at Lowe's and saw a guy with what
looked like a long shopping list. Not having found what I wanted at
Lowe's, I went to one of the local "real electrical suppliers," where I
saw the same guy up a ladder replacing one of their security lights.

Perce

Some "brand name" items are the same no matter where you buy them and HD may
be a few pennies cheaper. When it comes to more specialty items or high
quality goods, you won't see those contractors at the big box stores. If
they want good personal service they won't be their either.