Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Josh9.0 Josh9.0 is offline

Default Roland HP-860 electronic piano has HUM

On Sep 7, 11:33 am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"Josh9.0" wrote in message

You need to establish some
facts. So far you have virtually none at all. Go get some and stop
guessing.

OK, How do I do that?
Thanks.

Well, for a start, do as was suggested - and which you seemed to
understand - and check each of the rails for ripple with your 'scope ...

Arfa

Thanks Afra. I checked the rails and they look clean.
The hum has a certain "spike up, down, noise, spike up, down, silence"
pattern.
I'm off to Jaycar now, to buy some tantalums, as it can't hurt, and I
don't like aluminium electros if tantalums are available.

Where can I get a STK025 datasheet ?
I find pages on Google saying such, but when I go there, it's just
datasheets on STK0025 or STK0250.
Even Sanyo's (mfg) site can't help me.