Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Differentiated thought update

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 20:05:38 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 13:50:44 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
m...
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 01:22:54 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

ten to one. The consumer doesn't care.

The consumer DOES care. I purchased a set of 6 wire brushes from HF a
couple months ago. I used one last week and all the wires (steel) bent
over on the first pass or three. sigh Their brass BBQ brush died on
the third use, but the scotchbrite pad on the other side is holding in
there all this year.

I need to get up a small list for you, Tawm.

Let me rephrase, the consumer doesn't even have access to quality
anymore.
None of my scratch brushes are available to the public anymore, only
industrial/professional.

Are you saying that you can or will no longer sell to us, Tawm?
Or are you saying that what we seek isn't on the US consumer market
any longer?

--
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
---- --Unknown

Ace Hardware used to carry our stuff they bought through a distributor.
Western Auto bought truckloads when I was a kid. Gone! The consumer
market only has Osborn brushes left for the better quality, available at
Home Depot, and those brushes are made in Mexico. I can't figure out how
sell to the public. Brushes are so cheap that $100 invoices, the
paperwork
costs more than the profit.

Man, either your accountant is way overpaid or your documentation
level exceeds that of the _IRS_ on a bad day.

You'll just have to "lose stock" "scrap stock" off the production
floor sometime soon, huh? I wouldn't want you to get into trouble over
paperwork.

Alternatively, I could stock your brushes here in Oregon for consumer
distribution. Send a 30' container full.

--
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
---- --Unknown

I know it sounds funny but small orders just suck! People spend too much
time prepping and packing and we figure it costs $15 to do one invoice. We
could gear-up for small sales but we would need a plan and training.
Typically, 80% of my product goes out in full truck loads, 26 pallets on a
truck, four trucks a month...just like clockwork. 2 customers take that
80%. (I know, I know!)