Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard J Kinch Richard J Kinch is offline

Default Any jewelers here that can do 4 axis work on titanium rings?

Jon Anderson writes:

Getting hitched again come January, and decided to make my
wedding rings this time. I am finally doing something with a
chunk of titanium I've been carting around for some 30 years.

I made simple rings on our 25th wedding anniversary (well, I guess you'd
call them bushings if they were parts instead of jewelry).

http://www.truetex.com/ring_jewelry.pdf

Pretty basic work on the lathe with carbide tooling, if you keep the swarf
from catching fire. Not unlike marriage itself.

I hand engraved (with a vibrating carbide-tipped engraver) text myself.
Your CNC idea is nice, but if you want to have it all your work, then the
text seems more appropriate, personal, and substantial. Also inobtrusive
and durable. Leave room for later upgrades. Who knows what kind of nuke-
u-lar robot-laser capabilities you'll have in 25 years.