Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Any good contractors?

On 09/05/08 05:43 pm DerbyDad03 wrote:

My wife and I just buy a house in San Diego, and we are first time home
owner, so we know little about home improvement, such as flooring --
hardwood floor and ceramic tile. Can anybody recommend some good
contractors?

BTW: Can we save money by buying materials and hiring professionals both
from HomeDepot?

Get to know your neighbors and ask them who they would recommend.

If any of them recommend Home Depot, get to know a different neighbor.

Why, when so many people here diss HD and Lowe's, do I see trucks with
"xyz builders" or "pqr electrical contractors" or "abc plumbing" in
their parking lots a large percentage of the times I go there?

One time I was in the electrical dept. at Lowe's and saw a guy with what
looked like a long shopping list. Not having found what I wanted at
Lowe's, I went to one of the local "real electrical suppliers," where I
saw the same guy up a ladder replacing one of their security lights.

Perce