Posted to alt.home.repair
Gerry[_4_] Gerry[_4_] is offline

Default Dishwasher Mount to Granite?!?!?!?!?!?

I believe the practice is to take a strip of wood about 1/2" thick and
glue that to the underside of the granite and then screw the
dishwasher tabs into that wood strip.

I had a laminate top that the area where my old dishwasher screws went
into had deteriorated so badly due to venting from the dishwasher that
screws would no longer stay in the particle board.

I took a thin strip of wood and used some Gorilla glue to do the same
thing as you would with a granite top.

The new dishwasher is screwed into that strip and everything is fine.

Gerry

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 10:25:39 -0700 (PDT), infiniteMPG
wrote:

We've pretty much got our cabinets in and have picked out a nice slab
of granite for our countertop. Our old countertop was laminated wood
and the dishwasher has two metal tabs at the top above the door and
there were wood screws thru holes in these tabs fastened into the wood
of the countertop. With the granite the only thing that will be above
the dishwasher is the granite. These screws are not load bearing as
they just seem to keep the dishwasher from walking around in the
opening between the cabinets.

How do you fasten a dishwasher to the granite countertop?