Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help Question: Electronic stethoscope danger

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 11:09:04 -0600, "WJW" wrote:

In actuality...all the I-Pod does is play/record sound (and not very well due to
the frequency/tones of heartbeat & pulse)...so...the digital stethoscope is self
amplified and could operate without the I-Pod if I had a battery powered stand
alone speaker system I could plug into directly with the scope...or as you
suggested (great idea), a wireless transmitter that could then relay the signal
to a good powerful receiver. Any suggestions (brand/model) along either line?

Nothing specific. Google for "battery powered speaker". Lots of
hits.

I would be tempted to suggest a battery power boom box or karaoke box.
What I'm worried about it that someone is going to run it with the
stethescope while charging the internal batteries. Too big a risk, so
we're back to wireless again.

Look at the wireless microphones available for persentations. They're
usually in the commercial sound business sites. While most have a
built in microphone, there are a few that allow external mics. They're
unfortunately kinda pricy. You might do better with wireless speakers
that are made to run off a hi-fi. You didn't supply any interface
specifications, but if the stethescope puts out home hi-fi line levels
(about 0dBm), one of these should work.

I gotta run, but I'll see if I can find something later today.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D