Posted to sci.electronics.repair
WJW WJW is offline

Default Help Question: Electronic stethoscope danger

In actuality...all the I-Pod does is play/record sound (and not very well due to
the frequency/tones of heartbeat & pulse)...so...the digital stethoscope is self
amplified and could operate without the I-Pod if I had a battery powered stand
alone speaker system I could plug into directly with the scope...or as you
suggested (great idea), a wireless transmitter that could then relay the signal
to a good powerful receiver. Any suggestions (brand/model) along either line?

Thanks again for this assistance!

William

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 05:59:07 -0600, "WJW" wrote:

Any suggestions on how I could truly prevent a surge danger for under $100
bucks
so that I can safely use the stethoscope and the powered speaker system?

Don't use the wired speakers. You're correct that they may constitute
a shock hazard.

There are various wireless adapters for the iPod.
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itripdock
http://www.griffintechnology.com/category/fmtransmitters
The iPod transmits the audio to a common FM receiver. The wireless
provides the necessary isolation. Note that the various models are
specific to whichever model iPod you're using. It appears that the
transmitter covers up the microphone hole, so you may need to play
with some adapters. Worst case, you can use the iPod as a recorder
with the microphone attached, and then plug in the FM transmitter when
playing back the recording.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D