Posted to rec.woodworking
CC CC is offline

Default Q Drill Press Cart

Thanks for the information Leon and Phisherman, The cart will be 2X4
frame with
flush top for mounting the drill press and a bottom shelf for storage.
And adding weight if
needed. I'm going to build 1 drawer under the top shelf using 18" full
extension slides
for bits, parts, etc. The shelves will be 23 7/8 square 3/4 laminate
flake with 2x4
support under the top shelf. Drawer under that, I'd use ply but I
don't have any that
size at the moment, Using 3" wheels under it from Harbor Freight,
Sounds like it will work ok with the information about the one's that
are in use,
CC

"Leon" wrote in message
I have an older Rockwell 32" radial DP that will fit on a bench top.
It came with a steel stand that is 25" wide by 17" deep at the top
and stands 32" tall.
Originally it was meant to be mounted with the wide side facing the
front. I now have the front of the drill press mounted so that the
front is facing the 17" wide end and on the opposite end I have my
Delta Mortising machine mounted. The stand reverse tapers slightly
wider at the bottom only on the 17" sides so the bottom is
approximately 28" x 17" I added a Rockler universal mobile base and
everything is very sturdy.

"CC" wrote in message
I am getting ready to put together my Grizzly G0485 bench top drill
press and
build a roll around cart for it, The drill press dimensions are 10X
16 for the base
and the head is 20" deep. It weighs a little over a 100#. I'm
planning on the cart
being 24X24 and about 30" tall, to the top of the cart. Any
thoughts on this size.
Will this be big enough so the drill press is not tipsy,
Also any thoughts on the height. I don't want it too tall, as I
will have to
move it around a lot, (small shop) If I had the room, I'd build a
bench for it but that's
not going to work for now,
Thanks for any suggestions.
CC