Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default free.binaries.picture.woodworking

Phisherman wrote in
:

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 12:41:31 GMT, Han wrote:

Phil Again wrote in
:

What kind of NG is this? I never see anything posted there. Thanks

Give up on posting woodworking photos on usenet. Better format and
image viewing on web based forums. Several for woodworking, do a
Google or MSN search for: woodworking forums. Many hobby
woodworking magazines sponsor web based forums.

Web based forums are mostly moderated to ban politics, gross /
sexist jokes, and links to porn sites.

Others can recommend their favorite web based forums.

I disagree. Abpw is still there and going strong. I got an astraweb
subscription (Pay By Download 25GB, $10, paid on June 10). I still
have over 24 GB available today (goes to show how ittle is used when
daily going to just a few newsgroups that were canned by Verizon).

It's well worth the $10 to stay abreast.

There are many subscribers who can not get ABPW through their ISP and
most of those won't change ISPs nor get a separate subscription. More
ISPs are dropping binaries. Posts will certainly decrease because
fewer users will have access. I no longer post nor get binaries in
newsgroups, but visiting more blogs and picture websites instead. Who
needs an additional expense? $120 a year is just not worth it, at
least that will buy me two months of gasoline.

You misread my post, or I did not make it clear enough. I paid $10 for
the privilege of downloading 25GB (does not include headers). There is
no expiration date that I know of. Since June 10 (3 month worth of
access) I have used less than 1 of those 25 GB. At that rate I will have
used up the 25 GB in about 6 years, at less than $0.15 per month.

--
Best regards
Han