Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Old steel panel rads of 60s/70s without fins

John Stumbles wrote:
[I'm posting this to the group as it was emailed to me from someone who
presumably found my article on rad outputs on the wiki.]

snip

With my new convectors, I and all my FEMALE friends and relatives, do not
feel even warm enough at 24 degrees, and as rads lose their heat quicker,
I keep shivering, which I never did at a much lower air temp, with my old
little miracles I lost. And the new energy saving boiler had to be on
constantly, drying out the air, but still not getting me warm at even 26
degree AIR TEMP Humidity in room went down to 29% and I had a dry mouth
breathing in the uncomfortable too dry air.

My old ones gave me a healthy humidity of 48% at 21 degrees, and cosy
warmth.

snip

Hmmm, there is a reason for people, especially women, to be shivering
and cold at 24 C. Have a look at my sig. :-)

Partner used to suffer similarly to the emailer (but would put on extra
layers or whatever rather than overheat the room to 26 C), and got worse
each year, until the illness was diagnosed.

--
Rod

onset.