Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Old steel panel rads of 60s/70s without fins

I would be very interested in any pecs you have of the 60s and 70s rads,
to prove to my brother how they HAVE changed.

He has 1984 rads, most without fins, including a double with no fins, but
has no way of knowing their technical heat outputs, but assumed what they
were, from comparing them with today's - grave error, as the sizes have
reduced their output.

I read on one website that in 1997, new regs forced rads to reduce their
output by 11% and asked WHY? But there was no answer.

Do not know if you will receive this e-mail as I wanted to reply on the
website, but too complicated for me to LOG IN, I,m afraid.

[Reminder: the above is what was emailed to me, not my own words]

Well thats all rather scientific in its approach so you can now make
energy disappear;!..
--
Tony Sayer