Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Homemade 2 spindle lathe preliminary results

consider reading up on Bode plots and Nyquest Stability Criteria - then take
some calibrated data via a frequency sweep from .01 hz to 100 hz and see
what your mechanism is really doing

wrote in message
After the long discussion about one spindle following another and
using a Gecko 320 servo drive I have the first test results. The servo
motor has a 500 line encoder mounted on it and the Gecko Drive reads
it in quadrature for a resolution of 2000 counts per revolution. I'm
using another of the same model encoder mounted to another motor