Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Differentiated thought update

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Tom Gardner wrote:

Everybody, thank you!!!

I've compiled the responses and they are GOLD! Everybody should read and
save the uncommon wisdom expressed here by our little group, it applies
all of us. We are creative and have to solve problems and meet
challenges
in our hobbies and professions and we all draw great satisfaction in our
metal mastery. Isn't it wonderful to have such a resource of people
willing
to share their varied wisdom at your fingertips?

You have given me a wealth of ideas for my little group of three
brilliant
guys (and then there's me) to exceed our own expectations and limits.
Understand, I'm so proud of them as colleagues and friends for their
works
and energy. We don't have to go to work every day, we look forward to
going
to the fun place! The best fun is the brainstorming and the satisfaction
of
conquering a challenge. We now have some great tools to better foster
the
type of thinking that brings that satisfaction.

P.S. Years ago, I posted a request for help to better organization and
accomplishment. The consensus was "Make Lists", the OTHER gold nugget
that
I appreciate, adopted and thank God for.

Now get busy, and put the Chinese out of the wire brush business!

Most all of the products that were our bread and butter...and a nice portion
of jam, are made in China now so we had to develop niche products that are
too few or too difficult for the Chinese to make. Wal-Mart buys a
shoe-handle model wire scratch brush for 19 cents delivered, that they sell
for 99 cents. It costs me 25 cents to buy the wire in coils that have to be
cut yet. Hard to compete even though mine would out-last the China model by
ten to one. The consumer doesn't care.