Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default wall chasing

Stephen wrote:
On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 01:30:27 +0100, wrote:

I think he was confused by my post referring to running together enclosed in
conduit rather than under capping.

Sorry I joined the thread late and must have misread it; you are right
I thought capping = conduit. I am reassured that everything is ok.

I note that John said:

metal capping buried in plaster is treated as reference method C

What is the situation with plastic capping? Is that treated any
different?

In reality no. (Although it won't have any benefit from the point of
view of heat dissipation in the way that metal might.

I haven't got an on-site guide to check because I am waiting for the
17th edition version to be in print; it seems silly to get what will
soon be obsolete if a new version is due any day.

Supposedly release on the first of this month, but my Amazon order is
still waiting so it seems. (there are PDF versions of the 16th floating
about!)

--
Cheers,

John.