Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default wall chasing

Stephen wrote:

upstairs. I was thinking of boxing these in a corner of the room but
SWMBO would like them chased into the walls so there is no boxing. The
problem is I would like to lag the pipes, and even with the "economy"
lagging, the diameter is 45mm, which I think is too much to remove
from a wall. What do you think? Should I insist on the box work?

Depends on the wall... on a wall made from 4" block or brick with
plaster over, you would not be cutting that far into the blocks. Stud
walls you could obviously run in the void. Also less of a problem on non
load bearing walls.

I would also have to put drains on the low points of any pipe drop but
I would like to use chrome pipe where it will be visible; does anyone
know of any chrome plated drain cocks?

You can get chrome rad vales with built in drain points, failing that
use a service valve tee'd off from the pipe.

--
Cheers,

John.