Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default radiant barrier in new construction

On Sep 5, 7:05*pm, grasshopper wrote:
On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 15:22:47 -0700 (PDT), ransley

wrote:
On Sep 5, 4:00*pm, grasshopper wrote:
Suppose a house has radiant barrier housewrap, then 1 x 2 furring
strips on the outside and topped with 4 x 8 hardie concrete siding.
Would there be any problem if I installed foil backed fiberglass in
the wall cavity with the foil facing the interior?

It should work, but what house wrap is a radiant barrier, unless its
foil.

The one I'm looking at is hehttp://www.radiantguard.com/*Looks
like there are several speciality providers.

My main concern was the possibility of trapping moisture between the
two barriers....

Normal house wraps let moisture through but not rain so it likely will
trap moisture. Why not use it under drywall inside.