Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sanding and varnishing a church podium

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 22:33:36 -0400, Albretch Mueller
wrote:

Hi,
~
What do people use to sand hard-to-reach areas, like engrave letters
on wood, and round surfaces?
~

If I could not remove the letters, I'd use small pieces of sandpaper
and magnifying glasses. May want to avoid steel wool. This may be
very tedious and time-consuming.

Also, how can I check and test first what is the proper varnish I
should use on that type of very old wood?
~

Test on the underside of the piece.

I am a member of a very old church (well, at least for new-world
standards) (http://stmarysharlem.org/) and I want to make sure that I am
doing the least possible harm; if any
~
I need your advice please!