Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus29627 Ignoramus29627 is offline

Default Update on welding class

On 2008-09-05, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus29627 wrote:

I have had three classes already. I have learned one new thing, which
is how to properly open and close valves on acetylene welding
set.

Which is slowly open valves, don't screw them full open in case you need to close them
rapidly?

There is a whole sequence to that, as I learned. It is much more than
this.

Assuming the tank valves are closed to begin with...

Open valves on torch first, then close them, then turn regulator
handles counterclockwise until they are clearly free from springs,
open the tank valves (acetylene one a little bit, oxygen ALL the way),
adjust regulators.

Then closing: close tank valves, open torch valves, back out
regulators.

I hope that I did not forget anything.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/