Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Rain Detector

In message , Rick Hughes
writes
OK .. if we are going nostalgic.

I bought my Sinclair Black watch kit from an Add in Practical
Electronics - really cool :-)

I bought an Haversonic stereo amp kit from Practical Electronics ...
only took about 6 months to build and get working, using of course a
trusty twin beam scope and Avo 8.

I buily quite a few variants of John Linley Hood projects .. he was the
manin man of audio designs. (not sure if he is still around)

A legend in his own linear response

I have serveral years worth of ETI ... which I thought was the best of
the bunch until it went EPROM & micropocessor based on everything ...
so stopped buying it in mid 80's (is it still going ?)

Which was different to Tomorrows World at the time, how exactly ?

Watford Electronics was the way of the future - sold everthting !

Cardiff Road was 5 minutes walk - I went past the place a fortnight ago

Have the first few years worth of issues of Everday Electronics,
staryting with issue 1 and free veroboard kit ! .. .still has pack of
resistors stapled to front page !

And the resistor wire bending former, and ...

As somebody else said ... proably time to put them all in recycle bin.

memories, eh ?

--
geoff