Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default radiator output (comparing)

Roger Mills wrote:

Stephen wrote:

Am I right to think
that for condensing boilers you want to aim for a dT=50C?

Yes, or even less. Very few systems with conventional boilers run at
a dT of 60 - 55 is more usual.

To amplify a bit more . . . I've just found a note I made a while back,
suggesting a flow temp of 70 degC and a return of 50 degC for a condensing
boiler. This would give a mean temp of 60, and a dT of 40 - assuming a room
temperature of 20. A radiator's output at dT=40 is only 60% of the output at
dT=60.
--
Cheers,
Roger