Posted to alt.home.repair
charlie charlie is offline

Default Where Can I Find a "Carpenter"?

"Oren" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 15:40:49 -0400, "Colbyt"
wrote:

Sounds to me like you are looking for a framing contractor.

Most of them do not advertise, have an office or business listing as most
of
them work for builders. This is a good business cycle to be looking for
one
for a smaller job.

Best suggestion I have is visit some construction sites where framing is
under way and ask to speak to the boss. Be sure to mention the boss in
your
first sentence. You do not want it to look like you are stealing workers.

Around her one can ask for "leader los de Mexicanos". They point the
boss out right way..

you're talking to the wrong type of people. you're talking to general
contractors. you want the people they hire, or subcontractors. if you're
looking for just a framer, go to a real lumberyard and ask for a referral.