Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Where Can I Find a "Carpenter"?

"wrldruler" wrote in message
So where can I find a "carpenter"? Seems that everybody is a
"contractor" now. The Yellow Pages don't even list anything under
"Carpenter". What am I doing wrong?

Sounds to me like you are looking for a framing contractor.

Most of them do not advertise, have an office or business listing as most of
them work for builders. This is a good business cycle to be looking for one
for a smaller job.

Best suggestion I have is visit some construction sites where framing is
under way and ask to speak to the boss. Be sure to mention the boss in your
first sentence. You do not want it to look like you are stealing workers.

Leave some contact info with anyone who will speak with you. Even if they
don't want the work they may refer you to some one who does.

BTW, everyone is a contractor for the same reason you can not build your own
addition. Namely unnecessary regulation from a government with too much time
on it's hands. I have a contractor license so I speak with first hand
knowledge.

Colbyt