Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Garage door openers

"Steve Barker DLT" wrote in message
I ended up with two belt drives from Overhead door company. Due to the
size of the doors.. I can tell you (if it matters) the belt drives are
quieter than a well lubed genie screw. You can however, still buy a genie
at the big box stores. I'd do that before i'd attempt any repair on an old
one. Hell they're only $139 or whatever.

http://www.overheaddoor.com/Product.aspx?pid=49

It seems that it is usually cheaper to get something new than it is to
repair many things now.

I always liked the warranty of the $ 5.00 socket sets from years ago.
Guaranteed for life. You send the broken socket back and get a new one for
$ 4.95 shipping and handling.