Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT It runs in the vice presidential family

wrote in message
On Sep 4, 4:48 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

No. I'm saying that many SOCIAL CONSERVATIVES make that claim. And
McCain's
campaign operatives would have picked up on it in a New York minute if
the
shoe had been on the other foot.

--
Ed Huntress

A lot of this is posturing. Both sides do that.

Sure. The whole thing is a matter of posturing. As for what beliefs lie
beneath the postures, I don't think you'll get a clear picture about that in
regard to politicians. Their whole careers are based on postures. When the
actions agree with the postures, that's all that matters in terms of
results.

I wish you would use " religious right " instead of " conservative ".
I consider myself a conservative, but not religious.

Dan

I'm still searching for a non-pejorative, uninsulting term for it. g But
it isn't just the highly religious ones. A lot of paleoconservatives take
those starkly moralistic positions as well.

--
Ed Huntress