Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
_[_2_] _[_2_] is offline

Default differentiated thought before cutting metal

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 05:11:42 GMT, RAM³ wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in
:

Is there a method or exercises to develop creative thinking? Cutting
metal and drilling holes is the easy part, how do you completely
forget an idea in order to "see" a new idea? This may come easily for
an intelligent person but I struggle with my mental limitations.

Depending upon the individual, there may be several methods.

[snip]

BTW, there's a Fifth Method: find the laziest person skilled enough to
understand what you're looking for and hand HIM/HER the problem
(preferably with a deadline).

You can rest assured that he/she will find the easy way. grin

Probably been posted here before, but this reminds me of the following
(taken from Wikipedia):

"As Chief of the Army High Command, Hammerstein-Equord oversaw the
composition of the German manual on military unit command (Truppenführung),
dated 17 October 1933. He originated a special classification scheme for
his officers:

I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the
industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these
qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest
staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The
man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has
the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is
stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!"

p.s. H-E was an ardent anti-Nazi.