Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes Rick Hughes is offline

Default Rain Detector

OK .. if we are going nostalgic.

I bought my Sinclair Black watch kit from an Add in Practical Electronics -
really cool :-)

I bought an Haversonic stereo amp kit from Practical Electronics ... only
took about 6 months to build and get working, using of course a trusty twin
beam scope and Avo 8.

I buily quite a few variants of John Linley Hood projects .. he was the
manin man of audio designs. (not sure if he is still around)

I have serveral years worth of ETI ... which I thought was the best of the
bunch until it went EPROM & micropocessor based on everything ... so stopped
buying it in mid 80's (is it still going ?)

Watford Electronics was the way of the future - sold everthting !

Have the first few years worth of issues of Everday Electronics, staryting
with issue 1 and free veroboard kit ! .. .still has pack of resistors
stapled to front page !

As somebody else said ... proably time to put them all in recycle bin.