Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default update to poor fuel consumption on Camper FYI

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 11:04:52 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

When you buy a second hand camper that has done a mere 23000 miles in
over ten years..its hard to tell anything about wear.

Sort of, it would still show if the previous owner habitually over or
under inflated the tyres and if the shock/brakes where knackered. I'd do
the basic check round of lights, pressures, fluids etc after taking
delivery of a new to me vehicle anyaway.

A couple more factoids have come to light: a recommendation to change
tyres every 5 years no matter what..

I've seen that as well I think comes tyre manufactureres and fears about
UV degenerating the rubber with a good dollop of nanny state. Certainly
look at them for signs of "perishing" and it might be wise for such a
heavy vehicle to be raised on to axle stands when stood for months on end.

--
Cheers
Dave.