Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lynn[_3_] Lynn[_3_] is offline

Default What do you wear when turning? (almost on topic)

Mr. Beard; When you get your necktie caught in the lathe, please blow
whistle.

I am *still* laughing at that one. Thanks for posting it.

BTW, I haven't seen anything from you in a while. How are things
going for you on the lathe, Lynn? Turning anything fun?

Robert

Well, yes, Robert. Thanks for asking!
Two things going right now. Hacked out a nice little alder blank (very
dry
and pretty soft) had a small bowl in mind. Nice curve was appearing when
nasty catch pulled out some pretty big holes. When the holes were turned
out it was pretty small for a bowl, so turning on, looking for a shape, it
got awfully small............ so changed to making a big drawer for putting
some tools
away.... real handy. Dovetail joints are my passion, but not my best work.
after trimming away bad joints and trying again, drawer got smaller and
smaller. Well dovetail drawer is now done, looks good, but too small for the
tools.
Going back to the lathe tomorrow to see if the bowl's chips will make good
stuff
in the "Little Chief Smoker" on a little piece of salmon that has been in
the
freezer for a year or two.
I'll be back.

Old Chief Lynn