Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Domino has competition!

On Sep 4, 10:33*am, Jack Stein wrote:

Why not just buy a regular mortising machine for about the same price?

Imagine trying to get a regular mortising machine into position to
mortise the ends of a 6' long table top support (the valance)
connecting two legs into your mortising machine to mortise the ENDS.
How would you do that?

To connect furniture parts on an uneven surface such as a seat "hoop"
to slanted legs. How would you get the hoop into the mortise machine?

I am looking at that and just wonder if that is the route you choose
for loose M&T, you might be better off building your own. Maybe
not... I am not familiar with this new offering.

Like many, I will be interested to read the results of the tests.

Robert