Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_2_] Hawke[_2_] is offline

Default OT It runs in the vice presidential family

Shrugging off?!? It ain't any of our business.
Actually, the young people are doing the "right thing" and getting
married.

Pre martital sex is now taboo in the eyes of the Left but extra

marital
sex
by politicians is forgivable?!?

The foaming rabid lefties (MSM included) are searching so hard to find
something wrong with this fine experienced (and Washington outsider)
candidate..........and finding squat.

Y'all embrace the "Change" candidate that picks the longest serving
senator
to help him "change"

And when the R party gets a "honest" breath of fresh air as a running
mate-
it's a scramble to rake as much irrelevant muck as possible.

Y'all should be ashamed.

Mark

BRAVO!

I'll second that. Bravo!

Don't be so quick to judge the "breath of fresh air." You're jumping much
too early for reason.

I just got off the Washington Post Votes Database site. It was
overwhelming. I'd become quite angry at Joe Biden's 30% missed votes
until I saw Obama's 45% missed votes. My heart flipped when I saw
McCain's 64% missed votes in this session of CONgress. Gawd, no wonder
everyone hates politicians. Overpaid and underworked.

Interesting. The candidate for -change- votes 95% with his party line.

The hero candidate only followed his party line 79%. From this angle,
I'd probably have voted the way he did. Screw party lines.

McCain voted with his party 88.3% of the time in the current Congress.

Obama
has only been *in* the current Congress. So they're pretty close to being
the same.

And they're both pandering, with the same votes, on the earmarks issue
(check out what percentage that is of the federal budget for an

eye-opener)
and several others. It's clear they've both voting this term for a record

on
which to run for president.

--
Ed Huntress

You should take a look at McCain's voting record over the last two decades.
What you'll find is that notwithstanding that maverick label what you really
have, at least as a republican senator, is a guy who is a solid vote for all
the republican issues. Over the years there are a few things he has not
agreed with the party on but he's a completely right wing republican
senator. He's nowhere near moderate. Right wing all the way. Too bad he has
a record we can look at instead of just taking his word for his moderation.

Hawke