Silvan

Default skilsaw table saw - any good?

MM wrote:

Problem is, I don't buy many woodworking tools, but in general every
tool I buy (mostly hand tools) is absolutely high end. Will this thing
dissapoint. Not looking to make furniture here, but will probably use
it as a construction tool for home projects.

I have an impulse buy version of the self same saw. Similar circumstances.
I wasn't much of a woodworker at that point, and it was cheeeeeap, so I
said what the heck.

Do I recommend it? No, not really. There's a lot not to like.

Can you make use of it? It greatly depends on what you're trying to do.
Getting precision out of one of these things is no easy task, though it's
possible to some extent. If you're doing work where precision isn't that
important, it will probably serve you just fine.

The one good thing going for it is that it's very light and portable.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
Confirmed post number: 17474 Approximate word count: 524220