Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default clock on gas range

Ace wrote:
We have a Tappan gas range with self cleaning oven which works on a timed
cycle. Having a wall clock, a clock on the
microwave, clock on the coffee pot, and wrist watches, we don't pay a lot of
attention to the stove clock.

Getting to the point, we notice it's not running. I've opened it up twice,
first dousing the works with acetone trying to clean
it. Last was liberally dousing it with lighter fluid. Still only runs for
a few hours, then quits.

The oven now could stand a cleaning, and we fear it might get stuck in
middle of clean cycle and leave us with a locked
oven door.

Anyone have some ideas? For example, is the clock replaceable? And where
we might the replacement? Or, everything
being geared together on the back side, is the clock the actual problem?

Is there a replacement for the entire apparatus?

The stove is about 17 years old, and we're not anxious to replace it at this
time.

Thanks in advance,
Ace

Hmmm,
Since you doused it with tw trong solvents, how about applying some
lubricant? If you really want to clean it use ultra sound tank, then
apply proper lubricant.