Posted to alt.home.repair

Default clock on gas range

"Ace" wrote in message
Getting to the point, we notice it's not running. I've opened it up
twice, first dousing the works with acetone trying to clean
it. Last was liberally dousing it with lighter fluid. Still only runs
for a few hours, then quits.

The oven now could stand a cleaning, and we fear it might get stuck in
middle of clean cycle and leave us with a locked
oven door.

Anyone have some ideas?

Just turn it on to the cleaning cycle manually. Turn it of after a few
hours. My timer stopped years ago and that is what we did. Finally bought a
new range when the oven quit at 21 years. Bought a Bertazzoni and love it.
Cooks so much better, especially the convection oven.