Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Andrew Erickson Andrew Erickson is offline

Default What is it? Set 248

In article , "Rob H."
wrote:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

This looks like a mighty tough set!

1399 - Possibly this is used to bind together papers with a wire or
plastic comb sort of binding to make impromptu books. The angle of the
handle looks rather odd for that use, though; you shouldn't need much
leverage in that direction, and keeping the work a bit away from the
body would not be a help.

1400 - Tool to manipulate vee belts? If the cones are free to rotate,
this would tend to lead credence to this wild guess.

1401 - It's a CIA station intended to grapple for UFOs that fly by.

1402 - I suspect these are rope tensioners, similar to (but larger than)
those commonly used to hold tent flies in position.

1403 - Possibly a manipulator for logs or slabs, either in a sawmill or
when cutting trees in the field. I'm assuming it's more closely related
to the two-man saw than the mounted deer heads.

1404 - Derrick for use when butchering (possibly for scalding hogs?).
The rake like thing in the background is rather curious looking, too,
assuming it's not another part of the same device.

Now to read other guesses...

--
Andrew Erickson

lose." -- Jim Elliot