Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Question about CNC lathes

DoN. Nichols wrote:
[about setting current limits & damping parameters]

Great - I've copied this for when I can actually do it.

Add a relay and a panic button to shut it down even before it
hits a limit switch (such as when you discover that you are about to try
to turn the jaws of the chuck. :-)

That's a good idea.

Hmm ... ideally, you want a transformer which isolates between
the primary and secondary since there is no isolation in the servo
amplifier. You can probably get away without this, but it is safer if
you have it -- ...

Yeah, I know. I was in avoidance over a 12.5A, 130v (say) transformer.
Particularly, buying one - I just looked at Surplus Sales: YIKES. I
guess that it's MOT time again.

Thanks,
Bob

--