Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default OT It runs in the vice presidential family

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 17:07:40 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:
snip
The issue is a pretty good integrity test for this group right here. There
are a few who don't seem to have much of it.

snip
=========
I don't know about the group's integrity, but this points up a
major problem with the entire conservative/neo-con mindset, that
is the inability to tell when the conditions and circumstances
have changed sufficiently to require reevaluation and possibly
revision of their socio-economic and diplomatic policies. Just
because I wear a heavy coat to go outside in the winter does not
mean that I need to wear a heavy coat to go outside in the
summer.

In this case it is their attempt to impose "Victorian" social
mores/norms on a very different society. [And even they this
applied only to the select social strata and wanna-bees]
Victoria was the Queen of the UK from 1837 to 1901, and it is
time we move on. [FWIW she had 9 children]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victori...United_Kingdom
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorianism
http://www.isis.aust.com/stephan/wri...ality/vict.htm
http://xroads.virginia.edu/~UG97/blues/simmons.html

You may also find these articles of interest
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/uk_news/...ne/7595871.stm
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/04/wo...html?ref=world