Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT It runs in the vice presidential family

"RB" wrote in message
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...
Ignoramus32074 wrote:
In light of the latest news, I started wondering why did Sarah Palin
suddenly elope with her husband and started googling for "track palin"
"born on". And I found something interesting.

Sarah Palin's son, Track Palin, was born on April 20, 1989.

http://www.alan.com/2008/08/29/conse...family-values/

Sarah married her husband on August 29, 1988.

Doing a simple math and making some assumptions, it becomes instantly
obvious why they actually "eloped". They eloped because Sarah was
pregnant for about a month as of the day of their wedding.

Yawn. Get a life.
Exactly. Iggy doesn't seem to get it. "Family values" are things that
social
conservatives prescribe for *other* people. It doesn't apply to them.
Jesus
loves them and they've been saved. It doesn't matter what they do.

No Ed. This has been happening since the beginning of mankind, in
both poor and rich families. You can do your best to educate a child,
but you can't live their lives for them.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of your attitude. You are no better than
anyone else on the planet, no matter what their faults may be but you,
like several others around here can't help but pass judgment on every
one of them. Don't tell me you've never made a mistake in your life,
and I don't believe you have ever walked on water.

Apparently he's never had a headstrong teenage daughter either.
You do your best, and you help them deal with the consequences of their
bad decisions

'Sounds good to me, RB. It's too bad that the right wing has never seen fit
to apply that to other people. They raise hell about family values (whose
family?) only when it applies to other people.

When Dick Cheney's daughter came out of the closet, it put a damper on some
of the right-wing gay bashing. Now we have a situation where McCain's
campaign managers are chalking it up to "life happens." Indeed it does.
Maybe this will chill some of the hypocritical bull we hear from the right
about "family values." But maybe not. They seem to have morphed the issue
from parental responsibility to getting her married.

If Palin was a Democrat, there's no doubt that the social conservatives
would raise hell about her failed parenting, the result of selfishly
focusing on her career at the expense of her daughters, and how the
daughter's pregnancy was payback for a mother who let her down. There's no
doubt about it, and there probably isn't an honest person on this NG who
doesn't know it.

The issue is a pretty good integrity test for this group right here. There
are a few who don't seem to have much of it.

--
Ed Huntress