Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Rain Detector

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 21:57:54 +0100 Geoff wrote :
I think it won't be long until they are all destined for the
great skip in the sky, along with all the IEEE publications etc

And not be able to look back on all the Amstrad ads and the wonders
that once were

"1970 Amstrad's first electrical product, the popular Amstrad 8000
amplifier, priced at pounds 17.70. Sugar says later: "It was the
biggest load of rubbish I've ever seen in my life."

1974 Begins marketing the 6000 and 7000 stereo cassette decks, which
sell well through the new chain of Comet Stores. They include a
"chrome" tape button that is not actually connected to anything.

1976 The EX range of AM/FM tuners, featuring a meter to indicate the
sound quality. In fact they showed perfect sound no matter what the
signal quality."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...0/ai_n14286018