Posted to alt.home.repair
Flatus Johnson Flatus Johnson is offline

Default cell phone

"ransley" wrote in message
Do cell phone batteries just die suddenly or do they usualy loose
loose the ability to hold a charge, mine is 1.5 yrs old but today the
phone is dead, it has been holding a charge

Usually gradually-- hold less and less of a charge-- but if some
catastrophic failure occurred (broken wire, etc.), DOA could occur...

Good news is batteries are cheap. FWIW, I've not had good luck buying after
market batteries. If I had to replace my battery, I'd buy OEM-- though
probably not directly from the carrier unless I needed it yesterday.