Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default The Domino has competition!

"charlieb" wrote in message
I'm in the Buy Once, Cry Once camp. And had the DOMINO been
available earlier in my woodworking journey - I'd have saved a LOT
of time, effort and grief - and some money.

Sure, you're right about all of that. Minimum setup, you can draw one line
and line up the Domino for it's cut. Same as a biscuit joiner except that we
want loose tenons not biscuits. At what point do you decide the Domino is
worth the cost? What if this new jig will do the same thing with only two
layout lines? Still spend the money on the Domino? Maybe. There will come a
point where the decision about what to what to buy might become
questionable.