Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,sci.electronics.repair

Default charging 9 volt batteries

"VanguardLH" wrote in message
. ..
William Sommerwerck wrote:

NiMH should be charged at a very low rate.

This is simply untrue. I work at Microsoft Hardware, and have been
learning about the differences between NiMH and nicad charging.

Yeah, sure you are.

I hate to spoil your day, but I work for a company that provides engineering
services to Microsoft. I talk regularly with the people who design charging
systems for NiMH cells, and edited the document describing the charging
system for a new product.

The companies manufacturing these cells recommend high charge rates, and
Microsoft has done extensive research that indicates the cells work properly
and have an acceptable service life.