Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default OT The next door neighbours have finally moved

"Alang" wrote in message
news

This is the United Kingdom of 2008. We haven't done friendly since
1979. I used to have a 2L Mk3 Cortina Estate and lots of friends.
Didn't have so many friends when I sold it and bought a Lada.

You mean you were judged by the car you owned???

They were big cars. Almost Volvo like in their capacity

I know. But we've had - big cars in our family and it hasn't impacted on
our circle of friends.

You can do without friends like that, especially if they preferred a
Cortina.

The reps car of choice in the 70s

I know. And the scourge of the motorways. Having driven one I can understand
why - the throttle was very responsive and you needed self-control.

But being a rep. isn't a recommendation for friendship is it?

Mary