Posted to uk.d-i-y
JoeJoe JoeJoe is offline

Default Everest are taking the p@@ss...

Front door was bought from Everest quite a few years back by previous owner
of our house. It is an aluminium double-glazed door.

The lock mechanism has started to play up over the last few days (I was
locked outside this morning, but after 5 minutes eventually managed to open
it again...).

I called them to ask about a replacement mechanism - £165 supplied and
fitted (£95 supplied only)! - forgot to ask if VAT was included...

Any idea if it can be bought elsewhere? I hate these guys - they flood the
whole neighbourhood with their stupid junk mail, and feel they have the
right to know on doors in the evening several times a year.