Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default OT, but amused me ...

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
jakdedert wrote:
Even better, they often listen to the same music that I did at their
age; are often committed to social causes. My 18 yo daughter's bf just
returned from a missionary trip to Central America (his third in the
last year). She's a foreign language major--brand-new college freshman
with 12 hours of AP credit. My son's ex-gf is in Guatemala with the
Peace Corps. He used to work in my business with me, before he got his
Masters in physics. My youngest is an accomplished competition swimmer
at 11, with almost perfect grades and sunny--almost radiant--disposition
to boot...plays guitar in a rock band. My oldest daughter is going back
to school at 22, with a child and a husband.

I can slip lots of things into the CD player that we all can rock out
to. We're all voting for the same presidential candidate, along with
their mom. I can't imagine ever doing that with my own parents....

With your $0.02, that makes $0.04.

jak

I had a high school senior who lives nearby doing volunteer work for
my 'Computers for Disabled Veterans' project. When he first started, he
was listening to rap. Within a few days he was listening to my
collection of classic country, bluegrass, western swing and big band
music.

Okay, Michael. You can unlock the door and let him out now....G

jak