Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default OT, printer weirdness

Dave Baker wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
et...
Dave Baker wrote:

A couple of months ago I briefly unplugged my faithfull old HP Laserjet 4

Not a high end version with internal hard drive by any chance?

In a 1992 HP4L monochrome printer? Hardly.

some of the posher versions of those did have a hard drive option.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_LaserJet_4

The 4V in '94 if that is correct.... I had a feeling it was also
available on the earlier ones, but that might be my memory playing tricks.

flashing a few lights on and off and booting up fully it printed out a
sales invoice of mine from 1995!!!!!

The only other obvious cause would be something sat in the spool queue,
possibly printed by accident, that was printed some time when the printer
was offline.

I suppose if I'd managed to open a 13 year old invoice by mistake, select
print, select the various print options, press go and then forget all of
that it's a possibility. Maybe the pc, which admittedly does have a mind of
its own, could have done it. It crashes at regular intervals but whether any
of those could select to print a 13 year old invoice I couldn't say.

Is there an application associated with the invoice file type? Makes it
slightly easier to open by accident if all you need do is click it.

Other than that, not sure what else to suggest!

--
Cheers,

John.