Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default OT, printer weirdness

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 22:49:51 UTC, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote:

IIRC HP have a "secret" counter in the machine that will cause it to
"break" after a certain amount of use - it's possible that this may
extend to failing after a certain lifespan.

Don't know what happened over the old invoice appearing, but another
secret "feature" the use of tiny dots on the page, so as to provide an
audit trail for anyone who might want to know the serial number, date
and time of a print to perhaps defeat faked documents.

Not on a 1993 printer!

I'd expect it to be something stuck in the spool queue...the printer has
very little memory by modern standards...max for a LJ4 is about 18MB I
believe.

If you have any more trouble let me know. As a hobby, I've played with
the innards of these (and LJ4+) quite a bit.
http://www.diybanter.com