Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Baker Dave Baker is offline

Default OT, printer weirdness

"John Rumm" wrote in message
et...
Dave Baker wrote:

A couple of months ago I briefly unplugged my faithfull old HP Laserjet 4

Not a high end version with internal hard drive by any chance?

In a 1992 HP4L monochrome printer? Hardly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_LaserJet_4

flashing a few lights on and off and booting up fully it printed out a
sales invoice of mine from 1995!!!!!

The only other obvious cause would be something sat in the spool queue,
possibly printed by accident, that was printed some time when the printer
was offline.

I suppose if I'd managed to open a 13 year old invoice by mistake, select
print, select the various print options, press go and then forget all of
that it's a possibility. Maybe the pc, which admittedly does have a mind of
its own, could have done it. It crashes at regular intervals but whether any
of those could select to print a 13 year old invoice I couldn't say.
--
Dave Baker